Naturopathy is a system of primary health care that aims to treat the root cause of the problem. It is also a way of life and a concept of healing employing various natural means of treating symptoms and the root cause of symptoms. Naturopathic medicine helps in treating and preventing disease and promote self-healing. Naturopathic physicians work to restore and support these inherent healing systems when they have broken down, by using methods, medicines, and techniques that are in harmony with the natural processes.
Naturopathy, is a traditional medicine based on the following principles
- Naturopathy believes that the human body is composed of 5 elements namely; earth, water, air, fire and ether. Health is a state of equilibrium in between these elements. Any disturbance in this equilibrium due to any cause is a state called Disease.
- Treat the whole person (body, mind, emotions, spirit)
- Activate the body’s innate healing forces of nature.
- Identify, and treat the cause, rather than the symptoms, of disease
- Do not use treatments that suppress symptoms
- Use only natural healing therapies that are found in the nature.
- Educate the patient and encourage self responsibility of health in the prevention of future health problems through healthy diet and lifestyle choices.
- Prevention is better than cure
Other Naturopathic Therapies
- Colon Hydrotherapy
- Mud therapy
- Food and Nutrition
- Oriental healing techniques like Reflexology, Acupressure, Acupuncture and Auriculotherapy