Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a local suction is created on the skin to mobilize blood flow in order to promote healing.
Suction is created using heat (fire) or mechanical devices (hand or electrical pumps). Through either heat or suction, the skin is gently drawn upwards by creating a vacuum in a cup over the target area of the skin and left for five to fifteen minutes.
How Does It Work
Cupping helps to draw toxins out of the body, relives muscle stiffness, encourage blood flow and sedates the nervous system. It removes the stagnation thereby stimulating the flow of energy and improving blood circulation consequently reducing the effects of disease and pain.
Benefits Of Cupping Treatment
- Blood disorders such as anemia and hemophilia
- High blood pressure
- Skin problems such as eczema and acne
- Rheumatic diseases such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Infertility and gynaecological disorders
- Anxiety and depression
- Bronchial congestion caused by allergies and asthma
- Varicose veins